Monday, March 26, 2007

Scrub-a-dub



Dishcloths! These are intended as gifts (shhhhhhhhh!) for Easter. I've got several more to make, though. I'm going to do some solids, too. It might be hard to see in the picture, but there is a wafflely/weavey pattern (yes, that's a technical term). The yarn is good ole Peaches-n-Cream cotton. Surprisingly, I have enjoyed knitting with it. I think cheap cotton yarn is the reason cheap aluminum needles were invented--they go well together, I think.


here's my homemade pattern:

Size 8 needles

1 ball of Peaches-n-Cream cotton yarn

I personally don't think gauge is too important on this project, lol.


Cast on 30 stitches

work in garter for 2 rows

*Knit 5, Purl 5* all the way across

Reapeat for 6 rows

*Purl 5, Knit 5* all the way across

Repeat for 6 rows


Repeat this pattern for 2 more times

Work in garter for 2 rows

Bind off.


I probably wrote that really pitifully, but hey--it's dishcloth, not rocket science!

No comments: