Now I know why handpainted yarn costs so much. It's a total pain in the rear! And you have to be patient for the color to really sink in. I'm not so good with patient. This was supposed to be primary rainbow colored instead of the bright pastels it is. The secondary colors were supposed to be in equal amounts to the primary sections. They aren't. Oh well, lesson learned. Either I need to drop a hunk of money on some good dyes and supplies and work on my patientence, or leave the dying to the pros. At least I didn't totally ruin the yarn--it's still usuable but I find the color to be feminine and not gender-neutral as I had intended.